- (1 pack) Ground Pork
- (2, halved and seeds removed) Acorn Squash
- (1, diced) Small Onion
- (2 cloves) Minced Garlic
- (1 teaspoon) Dried Sage
- (1/2 teaspoon) Dried Thyme
- (1 Cup, trimmed and halved) Brussel Sprouts
- (1/4 Cup) Mauled Flaxseed
- (2 Tablespoons) Maple Syrup
- (1/4 Cup, grated) Parmesan Cheese
- (To taste) Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Place halved acorn squash cut-side down on a baking sheet and roast for 30-35 minutes until tender.
2. In a bowl, combine ground pork sausage, diced onion, minced garlic, dried sage, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Shape mixture into balls.
3. Flip cooked squash halves over and press a sausage ball into each half. Drizzle with maple syrup.
4. Bake stuffed squash for 25-30 minutes until squash is cooked and sausage is browned.
5. Toss halved Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes until tender and slightly crispy.
6. Remove stuffed squash and roasted Brussels sprouts from oven. Let cool slightly.
7. Garnish stuffed squash with fresh sage leaves if desired.